VATICAN MUSEUMS AND ST. PETER’S
Skip the line – Half day walking tour
Half day tour to the Vatican Museums, one of the world’s largest museum complexes, approximately 2,000 rooms that stretch for nearly 9 miles (15 km) inside the Vatican City. Skip the line with your small group of no more than 10 people, stroll through the corridors to view the world’s largest private art collection, once intended exclusively for the Pope. Through the Raphael’s Rooms, four interconnecting chambers adorned with paintings realized by Raphael and his pupils, you will reach the beautiful breathtaking Sistine Chapel, the holy chapel where the Pope is elected and where the conclave is organized, a very special occasion to walk through this sacred Vatican site to admire Michelangelo’s astounding frescoes. Then the visit continue inside the marvelous St Peter’s Basilica, the largest church with a capacity up to 60,000 people, 25.000 square meters, 800 columns, 400 statues, 136 mosaics, 11 domes, 44 altars, full of masterpieces, wonderful architectures and sculptures, including the famous “Pietà”, realized by Michelangelo when he was only a teenager.
(If St. Peter’s Basilica is being used for a religious ceremony or function and entrance is prohibited, the tour will continue outside).
* The entrance to the basilica and Vatican Museums requires appropriate clothing: shorts, miniskirts and uncovered shoulders are not allowed.
– Skip the Line and visit the most important sights of Vatican City
– Explore some of the 1,400 rooms and 65,000 paintings of the Vatican Museums
– Admire old maps and frescoes
– Go to the Sistine Chapel and see Michelangelo’s ceiling
– Walking tour in a small group max 10 people
Validity: all season
Duration: 3 hours
Tour starts: 2.30 pm
Departure days: daily except Sunday and religious holidays
– Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel entrance fee skip the line
– 3 hours professional guide
– pickp-up and drop off at hotel (inside Aurelian Walls).
– pickp-up and drop off at hotel