TUSCANY WINE TOUR, SIENA AND S. GIMIGNANO
Full day tour – food and wine tasting included
Enjoy a full-day journey from Rome, through the Chianti hills, to visit the cities of San Gimignano and Siena. San Gimignano, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is known as “The City of the Hundred Towers” and it still maintains its original features and timeless charm. Furthermore, the name ‘San Gimignano’ is linked to one of the most historical Tuscan wines:” La Vernaccia di San Gimignano”. Arriving in San Gimignano you will explore its charming medieval streets, visit the old center of this wonderful city where the famous Chianti wine is produced. Stop for a wine tasting and local products in a beautiful wine cellar: 10 different types of wine and oil, then visit the estate and learn about the processing of the grapes. Lunch at the restaurant of the estate. Then continue to Siena, a beautiful medieval city in Italy. You will visit the heart of Siena and the central square known as “Piazza del Campo”, known worldwide for the famous “Palio”, a horse race twice around the square in a medieval style every summer. Siena is famous not only for its wine but also for its sweets: the “Panpepato”, “Panforte”, “Ricciarelli”. Stop for a good Italian coffee and taste a typical sweet of Siena. Departure for Rome at 5:00pm.
– Visit the Tuscan towns of San Gimignano and Siena from Rome
– Travel in a small group tour max 6 people
– Enjoy the experience of living a day in Tuscany
– Taste Tuscan food and wine at local wineries
Departure days: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
Tour starts: 8.00 am
Season validity: all season
– Transportation in an air-conditioned minivan
– Pick up and drop-off at hotel (inside Aurelian Walls)
– Wine and food tasting of local product
– English speaking professional tour assistant for the whole trip
– Local office guide.