TUSCANY WINE TOUR, SIENA AND S. GIMIGNANO
Full day tour – food and wine tasting included
Enjoy a full-day journey from Rome, through the Chianti hills, to visit the cities of Siena and San Gimignano.
Siena is a beautiful medieval city in Italy, you will visit the heart of city and the central square, “Piazza del Campo” where the famous Palio takes place, a medieval-style horse race. Siena is famous for its wine but and for its sweets: the “Panpepato”, “Panforte”, “Ricciarelli”. take a break for a good Italian coffee and taste a typical sweet of Siena. Continuation to San Gimignano, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is known as “The City of the Hundred Towers” and it still maintains its original features and timeless charm. Furthermore, the name ‘San Gimignano’ is linked to one of the most historical Tuscan wines:” La Vernaccia di San Gimignano”. Arriving in San Gimignano you will explore its charming medieval streets, visit the old center of this wonderful city where the famous Chianti wine is produced. Stop for a tasting of wines and local products in a beautiful cellar. You will visit the estate and the cellars where wine production and grape processing takes place. the tasting includes 10 different types of wine and a lunch based on typical local products. Departure for Rome at approximately 17:00.
– Visit the Tuscan towns of San Gimignano and Siena from Rome
– Travel in a small group tour max 6 people
– Enjoy the experience of living a day in Tuscany
– Taste Tuscan food and wine at local wineries
Departure days: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
Tour starts: 7.00 am
Season validity: all season
– Free transfer offered by Welcome Italy in air conditioning Minivan
– Pick up and drop-off at hotel (inside Aurelian Walls)
– Wine and food tasting of local product
– English speaking professional tour assistant for the whole trip
– Local office guide.