THE GLORY OF ANCIENT ROME AND COLOSSEUM
Skip the line – Half day walking tour
The tour starts from your hotel and continues with the visit to the famous Colosseum, whose correct name in reality is Flavian Amphitheater, due to the imperial family who built this oval shaped structure in only eight years, from 72 to 80 AD. This huge monument, whose nickname comes from Colossus, a 35 meters statue representing the emperor Nero, was able to seat up to 70,000 spectators. It has been immortalized over the centuries as the scene of wild and ferocious games between man and beasts gladiators vs animals & gladiators vs gladiators as well represented in the movie Gladiator. Close to the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, considered the real political – commercial – social –religious center of Rome at the time of the Monarchy and the Republican period. At the center of the Forum, even after 20 centuries, it is possible to walk on the same cobble-stones of the “Via Sacra” (Sacred Way) leading to the Capitol Hill and admiring the remaining of with its ancient basilicas, triumphal arches, honorary columns, ancient markets. Reaching Venice square you will have the chance to admire the imposing monumental complex, inaugurated in 1911, dedicated to our first King of Italy, Victor Emmanuel II.
– Skip the line to the Colosseum and Roman Forum
– Wander the cobblestone streets of the Via Sacra from the Colosseum to the Roman Forum
– See the House of the Vestal Virgins, Trajan’s Column, and more
– See the best of Rome in a small group max 12 people
Validity: all season
Duration: 3 hours
Tour starts: 9.30 am
Pick-up hotel: from 8.30 am
Departure days: daily except religious holidays
– Colosseum entrance fee (skip the line)
– 3 hours professional guide
– Pickp-up and drop off at hotel (inside Aurelian Walls).