ROME FOUNTAINS, SQUARES, VATICAN MUSEUM AND ST. PETER’S
Skip the line – Full day walking tour (lunch included)
Morning. The tour starts from the Spanish Steps, dominated by the Church of “Trinità dei Monti” and continue with the visit to the famous Trevi Fountain: built at the feet of the Quirinal hill, where the Popes used to live in the summer palace in the fifteenth century, the fountain is very well known for the movie “La dolce vita” and for the very popular tradition to through coins inside in order to come back to Rome. Proceed to the Pantheon, originally built to honor All the pagan Gods of the Ancient Rome.
Tour ends at Piazza Navona, adorned by Bernini’s Fountain.
Lunch in a typical Italian restaurant.
Afternoon. Visit of the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel to admire Michelangelo’s famous masterpieces. You will learn about other Sistine Chapel painters, Perugino (master of Raphael), Botticelli, Rosselli and Ghirlandaio (master of Michelangelo) and others. Then the tour continues to St Peter’s Basilica to see its awe-inspiring architecture, its mosaics and Michelangelo’s masterpiece “La Pietà”.
(If St. Peter’s Basilica is being used for a religious ceremony or function and entrance is prohibited, the tour will continue outside).
* The entrance to the basilica and Vatican Museums requires appropriate clothing: shorts, miniskirts and uncovered shoulders are not allowed
– Explore the baroque and Imperial Monuments of Rome
– Throw a coin into the Trevi Fountain
– Visit the Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Navona Square
– Experience the beauty of Bernini’s Four rivers fountain
– Skip the Line and visit the most important sights of Vatican City
– Explore some of the 1,400 rooms and 65,000 paintings of the Vatican Museums
– Admire old maps and frescoes
– Go to the Sistine Chapel and see Michelangelo’s ceiling
– Walking tour in a small group max 12 people
Season validity: all season
Pick-up: 8.30 – 9.00 am
Tour starts: 10.00 am
Duration: 6 hours walking tour
Departure days: daily, except Sunday and religious holidays.
– 6 hours professional guide
– Vatican Museums skip the line entrance fee
– lunch in a typical italian restaurant
– Pick-up and drop-off at hotel (inside Aurelian Walls)