RELIVE ANCIENT OSTIA, THE OTHER POMPEII
Skip the line – Half day Tour
Re-live the glory of Ancient Rome with a guided visit to Ostia Antica with us: a lively harbor town founded in the 4th century BC. Ancient Ostia is commonly referred to as “Better than Pompei”, due to the astonishing preservation of its buildings. You will stroll through ancient taverns, baths, apartments, groceries and theatres and you will be surprise to see that their present condition so strikingly exceeds the Roman Forum. Here, it is so easy to let your imagination fly back to the times of the Roman harbor where the isolated ruins reveal no sign of the modern world, thus giving you a truly authentic experience! Strolling along the main street, the Decumanus Maximus, your tour guide will tell you fascinating stories of the past. The Roman statues lining the walkways, still in perfect condition, will make you feel as though you are walking among the ancient Romans! You will even be enticed to take a dip in the Baths of Neptune, crowned by an impressively intact mosaic representing the Sea God in a chariot drawn by sea horses. Don’t miss the chance to experience Ancient Ostia, a truly Roman experience.
– See the archaeological site of Ancient Ostia and discover more about the history of Rome.
– Explore the ruins and learn interesting facts of Roman architecture.
– Travel back in history, as you walk through the historic town of Ancient Ostia.
– 3 hours professional local guide
– small group tour 6 people per minivan/12 people per guide
– Enjoy a round trip transportation in an air-conditioned minivan
Departure days: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.
Tour starts: 10.00 am
Pick-up: 9.00 – 9.30 am
Season validity: all season
Duration: The tour lasts 5 hours including the return trip.
– 3 hours tour with a professional guide
– Pick-up and drop off at hotel (inside Aurelian Walls)
– Ostia Antica entrance fee
– transportation in an air-conditioned minivan