ASSISI AND ORVIETO CATHEDRAL, PRIVATE TOUR
Full day private tour from Rome
The tour starts from your hotel, a chance to spend a delightful day out of Rome to visit Umbria, one of the most picturesque regions of Italy rich in vineyards, olive trees and the famous hilltop villages. One of the most famous is Assisi, an UNESCO World Heritage Site. The mystic town of Saint Francis, surrounded by its ancient walls, was built on the green slopes of Mount Subasio and with its colorful houses of stone, narrow streets, flowering balconies and noble palaces provide beautiful views for memorable pictures (do not forget your camera). An interesting visit to St. Francis Basilica, with its early Renaissance masterpieces by Giotto and Cimabue, and the Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli. Time for lunch in a typical restaurant (optional) and then the tour continues to Orvieto, where you can admire a masterpiece of Gothic architecture with a glistening façade of stained glass, mosaics and sculptures. Soak up Orvieto’s charm and admire the countless churches that are scattered around its center. Back to Rome, drop off at your hotel.
– Day trip from Rome to Assisi and Orvieto
– See the breathtakingly beautiful Orvieto Cathedral on a walking tour
– Spend your afternoon in the UNESCO World Heritage-listed town of Assisi in Umbria
– Explore Basilica di San Francesco and the Convent of Santa Chiara
Departure days: Daily
Tour starts: 7.00 am.
Season validity: all season
– Free transfer offered by Welcome Italy in air conditioning Minivan
– Pick up and drop-off at hotel (inside Aurelian Walls)
– English-speaking tour assistant for the whole trip
– 2 hours official tour guide in Assisi
– Entrance fee Basilica of San Francesco
– Entrance fee Cathedral of Orvieto