ANCIENT ROME, VATICAN MUSEUM AND ST. PETER’S
Skip the line – Full day tour (lunch included)
Morning. The tour starts from the Colosseum. Once, seating up to 70,000 spectators, construction began in 72 A.D. and was finished only 8 years later. Then visit of the Roman Forum, considered the real political – commercial – social –religious center of Rome at the time of the Monarchy and the Republican period. At the center of the Forum, even after 20 centuries, it is possible to walk on the same cobble-stones of the “Via Sacra” (Sacred Way) leading to the Capitol Hill and admiring the remaining of its ancient basilicas, triumphal arches, honorary columns, ancient markets.
Lunch in a typical Italian restaurant.
Afternoon. Visit of the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel to admire Michelangelo’s famous masterpieces. You will learn about other Sistine Chapel painters, Perugino (master of Raphael), Botticelli, Rosselli and Ghirlandaio (master of Michelangelo) and others. Then the tour continues to St Peter’s Basilica to see its awe-inspiring architecture, its mosaics and Michelangelo’s masterpiece “La Pietà”.
(If St. Peter’s Basilica is being used for a religious ceremony or function and entrance is prohibited, the tour will continue outside).
* The entrance to the basilica and Vatican Museums requires appropriate clothing: shorts, miniskirts and uncovered shoulders are not allowed
– Skip the line to the Colosseum and Roman Forum
– Wander the cobblestone streets of the Via Sacra from the Colosseum to the Roman Forum
– See the House of the Vestal Virgins, Trajan’s Column, and more
– Skip the Line and visit the most important sights of Vatican City
– Explore some of the 1,400 rooms and 65,000 paintings of the Vatican Museums
– Admire old maps and frescoes
– Go to the Sistine Chapel and see Michelangelo’s ceiling
– Walking tour in a small group max 12 people
Season validity: all season
Pick-up: 8.30 – 9.00 am
Tour starts: 9.30 am
Duration: 6 hours walking tour
Departure days: daily, except Sunday and religious holidays.
– 6 hours professional guide
– Vatican Museums skip the line entrance fee
– Colosseum skip the line entrance fee
– lunch in a typical italian restaurant
– Pick-up at hotel (inside Aurelian Walls)